Los Angeles Angels (12-15, 4th AL West) at Milwaukee Brewers (11-15, 4th NL Central)
Miller Park – Milwaukee, WI
Weather Forecast @ 1st Pitch: Cloudy, 48F, Wind N 17mph
Hector Santiago (2-1, 3.34 ERA)
Santiago has been solid in his 5 starts so far for the Angels but he did suffer his first non-quality start his last time out in Arlington. Hector had cruised through the first 5 innings of that game giving up just 1 run, but he got into trouble he couldn’t get out of in the 6th and gave up 3 runs in the frame. In the end he gave up 4 runs on 8 hits in 5 2/3 innings and took the loss in a game the Angels lost 4-2.
Zach Davies (0-3, 8.78 ERA)
To say it’s been a struggle for the Brewers’ young 23 year-old righty may be something of an understatement. Although his 8.78 ERA is still a bit inflated by a disastrous start on April 17 in which he gave up 6 runs in just 2 1/3 innings, he is still yet to post a quality start this season and has pitched beyond the 5th inning just once. In his last start Friday against Miami, he gave up 4 runs on 6 hits in 5 innings to take the loss in a game the Brewers dropped 6-3.
- Brewers star Ryan Braun took Tuesday off and is expected to return to the lineup on Wednesday. The off-day was part of a maintenance plan designed to maximize Braun’s production in his first season following back surgery. He batted .372/.443/.605 through his first 21 games.
- The Angels entered Tuesday with a 194-153 record in Interleague Play. The Brewers were 135-162.
- Geovany Soto figures to get the start behind the plate for the Angels. Soto has batted .343/.395/.629 in his first 11 games and now appears to be getting more playing time than Carlos Perez, who began the year as the starter. A longtime Cub, Soto has batted .232/.323/.429 in his career at Miller Park.
- 3B-Yunel Escobar – .290
- LF-Rafael Ortega – .304
- CF-Mike Trout – .310
- 1B-Albert Pujols – .204
- RF-Kole Calhoun – .286
- SS-Andrelton Simmons – .225
- C-Geovany Soto – .343
- P-Hector Santiago – .000
- 2B-Johnny Giavotella – .169
- SS-Jonathan Villar – .265
- RF-Alex Presley – .235
- LF-Ryan Braun – .372
- C-Jonathan Lucroy – .321
- 1B-Chris Carter – .287
- 2B-Aaron Hill – .205
- 3B-Hernan Perez – .333
- CF-Ramon Flores – .137
- P-Zach Davies – .000
AL West Standings
- Seattle: 15-11 (.577)
- Texas: 15-12 (.556) – 0.5 GB
- Oakland: 13-15 (.464) – 2.5 GB
- Angels: 12-15 (.444) – 3.5 GB
- Houston: 9-18 (.333) – 6.5 GB
Other AL West Matchups
- Seattle @ Oakland – 12:35pm PT
- Texas @ Toronto – 4:07pm PT
- Minnesota @ Houston – 5:10pm PT