And welcome to the running post of ‘Angels All-Star Tracker’. Here we will have updates on Angels All-Stars, as well as any Halos that may be added to the roster. We’ll start with a recap of the home run derby:
All-Star Game coverage:
More on your Angels All-Stars:
- Hector Santiago was named to the 2015 All-Star team on Sunday, replacing A’s RHP Sonny Gray, who started that day. This is Santiago’s first All-Star appearance. Mike DiGiovanna of the L.A. Times chronicles the incredible transformation that Hector has made since fighting for a fifth rotation spot coming out of Spring Training.
- Albert Pujols is in the 2015 All-Star Game. He will be replacing Miguel Cabrera as the starter at first base for the American League, and this will be his first appearance as an Angel. Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times talked to Albert about this in detail.
- 2014 MVP Mike Trout will make his fourth straight All-Star Game appearance and third All-Star Game start next week. See what’s in store for him.
- Alden Gonzalez talked to Trout about the homerun derby, which Albert will be participating in, but not Trout. However, the young slugger insists he’ll do it one day.
- Trout is the fourth Angel in history to earn at least three consecutive fan-elected starts. The other three: Reggie Jackson, Rod Carew, and Vlad Guerrero.
- Fletcher tells us that Huston Street and Hector Santiago were disappointed at missing All-Star selection.