Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (33-33, 3rd AL West) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (32-33, 3rd NL West)
Chase Field – Phoenix, AZ
Weather Forecast @ 1st Pitch: Sunny, 113F, Wind W 13mph, 0% Chance of Rain (Retractable roof will be CLOSED)
C.J. Wilson (4-5, 3.60 ERA)
Prior to Saturday’s start against the A’s, Wilson had been charged with 20 earned runs over his previous 30 innings of work. On Saturday he managed to hold the A’s to just 2 hits and 3 walks, surrendering no runs and striking out 8 over 7 innings to take the win in a game the Angels won 1-0. This will be Wilson’s first career start against the Diamondbacks.
Allen Webster (1-0, 3.18 ERA)
Webster will be making just his 2nd start of the 2015 season after being called up from Triple-A Reno on Saturday to take the rotation spot of the injured Josh Collmenter. In his lone start on Saturday he held the Giants to 2 runs on 2 hits and 3 walks over 5 2/3 innings in a game the D’Backs won 4-2 up at AT&T Park. Webster had posted a 1-2 record and a 9.00 ERA in 5 starts for Triple-A Reno this season.
- Webster is 1-0 with a 3.55 ERA in two career starts against the Angels. Both outings came while he pitched for the Red Sox.
- Wilson is making his first career start against the D-backs, but he has pitched 2 1/3 innings of scoreless relief against them.
- A win in the series finale will put Arizona back at .500 for the first time since April 23.
- 2B-Johnny Giavotella – .267
- RF-Kole Calhoun – .272
- CF-Mike Trout – .297
- 1B-Albert Pujols – .273
- 3B-David Freese – .237
- LF-Efren Navarro – .289
- C-Carlos Perez – .265
- SS-Taylor Featherston – .083
- P-C.J. Wilson – .333