Arizona Diamondbacks (30-32, 4th NL West) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (32-31, 3rd AL West)
Angel Stadium of Anaheim – Anaheim, CA
Weather Forecast @ 1st Pitch: Sunny, 75F, Wind SW 8mph, 0% Chance of Rain
Robbie Ray (1-1, 1.53 ERA)
Ray will be making just his 4th start of the season after spending much of the 2015 season at Triple-A Reno. Ray did make one spot start on the back end of a doubleheader on May 6, and recently he’s been filling in for the injured Archie Bradley. In his limited time, Ray has pitched well. In his last outing on Tuesday at Dodger Stadium, Ray held the Dodgers to 2 runs on 4 hits over 6 2/3 innings, but took the loss in a game the D’Backs lost 3-1.
Jered Weaver (4-6, 4.61 ERA)
Weaver will be looking to once again turn things around in what has been an up & down season so far. In April, he got off to the worst start of his career, posting an ERA over 6 through his first 6 starts. He then had a four-start stretch in which it looked as though he’d turned his season around as he was looking like vintage Weaver, but now over his last 3 starts he’s given up 14 runs on 26 hits over 19 2/3 innings. In his only career game against Arizona back in 2009, Weaver gave up 3 runs on 4 hits over 6 innings.
- The Angels are 8-5 in games started by opposing left-handers. They’ve batted .235 against them.
- Only four active D’Backs have faced Weaver. Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia has hit .333 (5-for-15) against him, with a home run and four RBIs.
- The only Angels player who’s batted against Ray in the Major Leagues is just-recalled outfielder Daniel Robertson, who went 1-for-2 against him last year for the Rangers.
- RF-Ender Inciarte – .288
- CF-A.J. Pollock – .319
- 1B-Paul Goldschmidt – .359
- LF-David Peralta – .262
- DH-Yasmany Tomas – .329
- 3B-Jake Lamb – .327
- 2B-Chris Owings – .238
- C-Wellington Castillo – .182
- SS-Nick Ahmed – .217