Angel Stadium of Anaheim – Anaheim, CA
Detroit Tigers (28-20, 2nd AL Central) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (23-24, T-3rd AL West)
Weather Forecast @ 1st Pitch: Sunny, 71F, Winds SW 8mph, 1% Chance of Rain
TV: Fox Sports West – Victor Rojas & Mark Gubicza
Radio: KLAA AM830 – Terry Smith & Mark Langston
Buck Farmer (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Farmer – a young 24 year-old righty out of the Georgia Institute of Technology and the Tigers’ 5th round pick in the 2013 draft – will be making his 2015 debut tonight as he was recently called up from Triple-A Toledo to fill the rotation spot of injured starter Kyle Lobstein. Farmer’s MLB experience consists of two fill-in starts last August and two relief appearances last September, all of which spanned 9 1/3 innings in which he gave up 12 runs on 12 hits and 5 walks for an unsightly 11.57 ERA. So far in 2015 however, Farmer has gone 5-1 with a 2.98 ERA in nine starts for Triple-A Toledo.
C.J. Wilson (2-3, 3.36 ERA)
Wilson will open this four-game set with the Tigers looking to rebound from two straight outings in which he allowed 4 earned runs. Prior to those two outings, Wilson had put together a stretch of three consecutive starts where he went at least 7 innings and gave up 2 earned runs or fewer. In his last start Saturday in Boston, Wilson was tagged for 4 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks in taking the 8-3 loss.
- Tiger infielder Ian Kinsler, who snapped an 0-for-22 skid on Wednesday, is likely looking forward to facing former teammate C.J. Wilson. Kinsler is 8-for-21 (.381) with a .714 slugging % against Wilson in his career.
- Miguel Cabrera has hit 7 of his 401 career home runs at Angel Stadium, his most in any AL West ballpark. He has hit 13 total home runs against Angel pitching in his career.
- Albert Pujols has hit 8 of his 528 career home runs against Tiger pitching, his 2nd most among AL Central opponents. Pujols has hit 19 home runs against the Royals in his career.
- The Angels’ newest acquisition – outfielder Kirk Nieuwenhuis – will be at Angel Stadium and in uniform for Thursday evening’s game. There’s even a good chance Nieuwenhuis may get a start against the right-handed throwing Farmer.
- DH-Rajai Davis – .267
- 2B-Ian Kinsler – .280
- 1B-Miguel Cabrera – .333
- LF-Yoenis Cespedes – .291
- RF-J.D. Martinez – .254
- 3B-Nick Castellanos – .244
- C-James McCann – .281
- SS-Jose Iglesias – .333
- CF-Anthony Gose – .338