By now we’ve all come to know that Josh Hamilton confessed to Major League Baseball about his drug relapse over the offseason. He is facing a suspension, and here are the latest headlines:
- L.A. Sports Hub: Josh Hamilton Suspension Delayed
- MLB.com: Commissioner Manfred will make the call on Hamilton suspension
- Orange County Register: Commissioner adds context to Hamilton timeline
- LA Times: Rob Manfred in no hurry to decide penalty for Angels’ Josh Hamilton
- Yahoo Sports: Players’ union angered by ‘cowardly’ leaks in Josh Hamilton saga
- ESPN: Hamilton Backed By MLBPA
- After a panel were split down the middle in deciding Hamilton’s suspension, the slugger’s fate now rests in the hands of an arbitrator, reports Mike DiGiovanna and Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times.
- Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports on MLBPA President Tony Clark’s support for Hamilton.
- Sports Illustrated pulled a story from their vault, a piece from 2012 about Hamilton’s battle with himself.
- In a similar piece from Sunday, Los Angeles Daily News posted a similar article that emphasized the big money and big expectations.
- LA Angels Insider has some bullet points on Hamilton’s situation. They even hint that it might be worse than what has been reported.
- According to Bobbie Dittmeier at MLB.com, the length of Hamilton’s suspension is unclear.
- Jon Morosi of FOX Sports says the suspension is open to interpretation.
- In another piece at FOX, Ken Rosenthal and Morosi, talk about why MLB might be lenient with Hamilton.
- Yahoo Sports thinks it’s at least 25 games.
- The Washington Post talks about Hamilton’s never-ending fight with addiction.
More will be added as stories develop.